Monday, April 6, 2015

MightyText lives up to its name

 

I'm not sure how I discovered MightyText, but I'm glad I did. It is the perfect companion for the Pixel Chromebook, or any Chromebook for that matter and it certainly lives up to its name.

I have used several Android apps that sync my phone with my tablets, but I have never used a desktop version, nor did I know it was available.

It really does make my Pixel even more valuable as a one-stop productivity tool because when I get text messages or phone calls on my phone, I don't even have to look at it. I can see who is calling or texting by the notifications at the bottom right corner of my Pixel (see photo). 

What really surprised me as an guy with average computing ability and knowledge, is that not only would MightyText messages and phone call notifications appear on my Chromebook, but they would also appear on my desktop at work, if I was logged in to Chrome. I just didn't know that would happen. 

I can also respond to the text messages and carry out a full out text conversations right from the Pixel or from any desktop computer if I'm logged in to Chrome. 

MightyText also gives you the option to have all notifications from your phone appear on your Chromebook. I had that on for a few days, but I found that to be too distracting, particularly while listening to Pandora on my phone while working on a Slide on the Pixel. So I disabled that feature. 

To add MightyText to your Pixel or Chromebook, simply go to the Chrome store, search for MightyText, and click "add on".

From there, download the app to your phone via the Play Store. The two easily sync.

There are also lots of additional things you can do with MightyText, particularly if you want the Pro version.

Every week I am discovering more tools that Google has made available to Chrome OS users and every day I am loving the Pixel even more as my primary computing device.

No comments:

Post a Comment